Are you Ready to Maximize the ROI of AI at your Organization?
Organizations that fall behind using AI to re-engineer pattern-recognition workflows will be out of business in 5 years. You can’t avoid investing in AI — yet most AIs are never deployed and if they are they do not live up to the hype. How to ensure your AI investment will pay off the highest ROI?
The answer is UX.
Let veteran speaker, UX of AI thought-leader, Fortune 500 consultant and Head of UX Greg Nudelman share some of the surprising AI facts and new trends to inspire your product team with a keynote talk or energize your next brainstorming session with a UX for AI workshop (customized to help your team achieve their goals).
Some of the topics typically covered include:
- Data is not the new Oil, it’s the new Kerosine. And the field will go to organizations that can combine forces strategically to generate unprecedented value.
- AI is too important to leave it to Data Scientists. For AI to live up to its true potential and prevent catastrophic failures like Boeing 737 Max. We need to have a more multi-disciplinary approach at the intersection of Business, Data Science, and UX.
- Typical Machine Learning metrics and tools (Accuracy, Precision, Recall, F1, Confusion Matrix) are often “accurately wrong” ways to evaluate your AI model.
- The only way to evaluate AI is based on Business and UX Impact, not Accuracy metrics.
- Business constraints such as capacity and GDPR play a critical role in AI model selection.
- AI does not think as we do — it has no intrinsic human values.
- Some of the best AI models are not human-comprehensible and insisting on understandable explanations locks out some of the biggest value AI can provide for your enterprise.
- We need new tools such as Value Matrix to facilitate “human-centered machine learning” to help focus and guide the UX for AI conversation.
- To evaluate AI “work” and impact, we need new data visualizations — Greg will present some foundational ideas from Edward Tufte as well as novel animated trend graphs.
- AI works best when applying this one essential UX principle, successfully used today by Amazon, Facebook, PayPal, Cisco Systems and many others.
Greg recently completed his stint as a Head of UX at Aible, the startup that earned the 2019 Gartner Cool Vendor(TM) in Analytics rating from 7 different industry analysts. Prior to that, Greg had served as the Head of UX Research at Baker Hughes the GE company where he applied Predix AI to solving wicked Industrial IoT problems. Greg also served as the Head of UX on Cisco Cloud Analytics project where he used his design chops to harness the power of AI to create UI for smart security algorithms that could detect and auto-remediate problems before they occurred. One of Greg’s first consumer-facing AI projects, the new eBay Registration Flow, went live in 2007 and is in use to this day.